Its rare to assemble a bi-partisan, multi-sector group of business, labor and political leaders to consider how to grow manufacturing. You won’t want to miss this important event.
Come out, come out: for “Manufacturing in the Golden State: Making California Thrive”. State Senator Mark Wyland, Assembly Member Toni Atkins and many local businesses and organizations are partnering to make this happen. We won’t just be talking, we’ll be doing.
Join business and political leaders in a discussion about problems and solutions to California jobs and manufacturing growth and ways to fix the U.S. economy.
* Greg Autry – Senior Economist, Coalition for a Prosperous America; Professor, Argyros School of Business and Economics, Chapman University
* Pat Choate – Economist; Former Vice Presidential Running Mate of Ross Perot
* Thea Lee – Deputy Chief of Staff, President’s Office at AFL-CIO
* Michael Stumo – CEO, Coalition for a Prosperous America
Panel of local business leaders:
* Karl Friedrich Haarburger – VP, Solar Energy Industrial Operations, SOITEC
* Neal Nordstrom – COO, PureForge
* Rick Urban – COO, Quality Controlled Manufacturing, Inc.
* Chris Wellons – VP of Manufacturing, Taylor Guitars
* Paul Brown – CFO, The Wheat Group
* Craig Anderson – EHS Director, Solar Turbines, Inc.
* Michele Nash-Hoff – Author, “Can American Manufacturing Be Saved: Why We Should and How We Can”; Founder, ElectroFab Sales
When: Thursday, February 14, 2013, 8:30a – 3:00p
Where: AMN Healthcare, 12400 High Bluff Drive, San Diego, CA 92130
Cost: $35 (Includes light breakfast and full lunch)
There are also opportunities to sponsor this event.
For more information, contact Sara Haimowitz (202-688-5145 or firstname.lastname@example.org).