Posted on 20 November 2012 by Ellen Croibier.
Economy in Crisis is circulating a petition to withdraw from the WTO on the WhiteHouse.gov website. See the text below. Those interested can go to the link and sign the petition.
We petition the Obama administration to: Leave the World Trade Organization (WTO)!
|Economy In Crisis
|November, 15, 2012
It is instrumental in destroying our economy as it limits our ability to protect ourselves in all matters involving international trade. The WTO is a foreign, undemocratic organization whose charter, unbeknownst to most of us, even usurps our own Constitution, which has irresponsibly allowed them to dictate our international trade policies.
It is outrageous that we allow a foreign organization to do this. It has constantly and unjustifiably ruled against us when foreign countries have brought cases against us.
By signing the agreement with the World Trade Organization, the U.S. Congress agreed to concede a major portion of our sovereignty and usurp our democratic legislative process, including:
- Conforming U.S. laws, regulations and administrative procedures to the will of the WTO (Article XVI, p. 10)
- Subjecting all federal, state and local laws and practices that affect trade to international review by the WTO (Article XVI, p. 10)
- Allowing any WTO member country to challenge federal, state and local laws and practices as trade impeding (Section 2 of the Dispute Settlement Understanding)
- Taking all trade disputes to the WTO judiciary – giving the WTO final jurisdiction over all trade altercations. No appeal exists outside of the WTO (Section 2 of the Dispute Settlement Understanding)
- Empowering the WTO to enforce its rulings by imposing fines on the United States until we comply
The Rights of America are Subservient to the Will of the World Trade Organization. Those who Signed this Lengthy Agreement did not Read the Fine Print or did not have the Interests of America in Mind.
We must have 25,000 signatures by December 13, 2012 for President Obama to take this petition seriously.
Click Here to Sign the Petition TODAY!