CPA is pleased to announce that we have extended the early bird rate for the Northeast Ohio Economic Summit on the Revitalization of Manufacturing for one more week, until September 17, 2012. Convened by the Coalition for a Prosperous America’s Ohio Chapter, in partnership with local businesses, associations, and labor organizations, this event will present ways in which we can work with political leaders in Northeast Ohio to create jobs and economic growth.
* U.S. Manufacturing Strategy
* Tax Reform
* Workforce Development
* National Trade Policy
* Charlie Blum: Executive Director, Fair Currency Coalition
* Pat Choate: Economist; Author, Saving Capitalism: Keeping America Strong
* Bob Baugh: Executive Director of the AFL-CIO Industrial Union Council
* Jack Schron: President, Jergens, Inc.
Keynote speaker: Brian O’Shaughnessy: Chairman, Revere Copper Products
Master of Ceremonies: Marcia Pledger: Business Columnist, Cleveland Plain Dealer
September 24, 2012
8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Unified Technology Center
Cuyahoga Community College
2415 Woodland Ave., Room 177
Cleveland, OH 44115
COST: (Includes light breakfast and full lunch)
Before September 17: $50
September 18 or later: $75
Register today! The early bird rate for this event expires Monday, September 17th, close of business.
Attending Congressional speakers:
* Rep. Marcy Kaptur (Speaking)Senator Sherrod Brown (sending staff to observe)
* Sen. Rob Portman (sending staff to observe)
* Rep. Betty Sutton (sending staff to observe)
* Sen. Sherrod Brown (sending staff to observe)
Please plan to attend this bipartisan conversation on manufacturing and the economy. Summit participants will evaluate which of the above policy strategies are top priorities and then determine how to advance them. Political leaders (invited) from both sides of the aisle will welcome summit participants. Panelist presentations followed by work sessions will highlight the day.
In the end: we will develop a unified position on how to create jobs and economic growth in Northeast Ohio. We will then bring that unified position to political leaders for implementation.
Register today for this very important event.
Also: become an event sponsor!
For more information, contact Sara Haimowitz (202-688-5145 or email@example.com).